Brantley's father says his son will remain a Gator
Friday, January 14, 2011 | Football, Men's Tennis, Scott Carter
Florida starting quarterback John Brantley has repeatedly said he is a Gator since questions about his future arose when Urban Meyer announced his resignation last month.
His father, John Brantley III, told the Palm Beach Post on Friday that his son will remain a Gator.
“Johnny's looking forward to the challenge,'' Brantley III told the Post. “Once they said there was going to be a pro-style [offense], transferring wasn't even a question.”
Brantley is enrolled in school for the spring semester and is “excited'' about playing for new coach Will Muschamp and offensive coordinator Charlie Weis according to his father.
“He's a Gator,'' Brantley III said.
Brantley, a fifth-year senior, would have had to transfer to a Division II or lower-level school due to NCAA rules if he wanted to continue his football career elsewhere. His father is a former Gators quarterback who played at UF in the late-1970s.



